Saturday, November 29, 2008

FiLLed with FERVOR

November 29

O Lord, enable me to live the life of saints and angels.
Take me out of the irritability, the sensitiveness, in which my soul lies,
and fill it with Thy fullness.

Breathe on me with that Breath which infuses energy and kindles fervor.
In asking for fervor, I ask for all that I can need,
and all that Thou canst give.

In asking for fervor, I am asking for faith, hope and charity,
in their most heavenly exercise;

I am asking for perception of duty,
I am asking for sanctity, peace and joy, all at once.

Nothing would be a trouble to me,
nothing a difficulty, had I but a fervor of soul.

Lord, in asking for fervor, I am asking for Thyself,
for nothing short of Thee, O my God.

Enter my heart, and fill it with fervor by filling it with Thee.
Amen.

-John Henry Newman-

0 comments: